beautiful picture

beautiful picture

Welcome to the stories of my life...

I just want to humbley welcome and thank all of those that take the time to read what I write..Idon't have a particular theme at any given time...just write what I feel compelled to write at the time...Please if you read my blogs ..leave a comment..I would love to know what you think...thanks again and enjoy the journey....

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Greystone on the Greene...

this was originally posted on 2/18/10

I worked in the housekeeping department in a nursing home clled THE GREYSTONE ON THE GREENE..it was an old greystone on Green Street In Phila..then they made a newer more modern one....all of the nurses and aids were my friends but they were so busy doing their schedules going from room to room that they didnt really have the time to give the residents..so when I walked in to empty their trash and clean their bathrooms I could sit for a few moments (or longer) and talk with them..One lady called me Martha..at first I was scared to go to her room or pass it cause she always hollered “Hey Martha” come talk to me..so I would ..come to find out Martha was a niece of hers and I apparently resembled her. She got no visitors so I was encourage by the staff to just go along wih it..I just listened and we laughed and I got as much out of it as they did..great experience…everyone should visit a nursing home , especially around Christmas time..
Posted by Brenda aka granny7x at 8:28 PM
0 comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment