beautiful picture

beautiful picture

Welcome to the stories of my life...

I just want to humbley welcome and thank all of those that take the time to read what I write..Idon't have a particular theme at any given time...just write what I feel compelled to write at the time...Please if you read my blogs ..leave a comment..I would love to know what you think...thanks again and enjoy the journey....

Monday, August 17, 2009

THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE...

I'm at a point in my life where I really need to decide what it is that I want to do with the rest of it..Although I am 56 years old and have been through the "change of life" physically in a womans life..(didn't have it to bad actually)..I now will have the time I haven't ever had..I raised my four children alone for most of their lives because their father decided cocaine and crack were more important than us..I have always been there for my kids.. been to the births of all 7 of my grandchildren and Thank God I was able to do so...

I resigned due to physical disabilities from the U.S.POSTAL SERVICE on January 28, 2003...after 17 years of hard work...I now have degenrative arthritis in my knees , back and hips...Anyway one year to that date my third grandchild was born..It was a boy ..my oldest grandson Dallas...when my daughter left the hospital her and the father of Dallas played house for awhile...When Dallas was 9 days old I started babysitting him so that my daughter could go back to college...she was taking early childhood education to become a teacher or to own her own day care one day...

I would watch him for a few hours then put him in his car seat and go get his mom from school...this went on for months..my daughter is no longer in college and Dallas is now 5 1/2 years old and will be starting kindergarten in about 3 weeks...I am an emotional wreck right now..I have been with him all but about 40 days of his life...I even invented a song for him when I used to put him to sleep on my chest..we would rock and sing for literally hours...

Now they don't need me like they used to and believe me I am glad of that,,but now I won't see him for days at a time..they lived with me most of his life..my daughter just moved out after moving in with me again when she broke off her engagement..Now they just moved back to the house...(shes not back with baby daddy ,,but he is helping to provide a home for his 2 children...)
Dallas has a baby sister Dellaney who just turned 4 and I have gotten very close to her too..I love all of my grandchildren but these two have been with me almost every day...

So now I'm feeling the empty nest which I waited for years to arrive..I just worry about them..I just feel like no one can take care of them like I do...even when their mom was around I would take care of them the most ..I think!

So now its itme for me to keep busy...I have things around the house that I want to sort out but that won't take forever..what do I want to do to make money?? I have a few things I'm throwing around in my head...not sure yet...will keep you posted...

TODAY REALLY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you to finaly try something new in your life- what you wanted before but eather haven't got time - or couldn't afford :)
    Rita !

    ReplyDelete