beautiful picture

beautiful picture

Welcome to the stories of my life...

I just want to humbley welcome and thank all of those that take the time to read what I write..Idon't have a particular theme at any given time...just write what I feel compelled to write at the time...Please if you read my blogs ..leave a comment..I would love to know what you think...thanks again and enjoy the journey....

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MY DAD (written by me on Bonanzle June 2009)

I lost my father March 16. 1989 due to lung cancer…after surviving his aeorta hanging by a thread and his life being saved by the wonderful doctors at Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia..after being in a coma for 45 days …6 months later he died from lung cancer…Yeah he was a smoker all of his life..but he had quit about a year earlier..apparently too late…He was only 60 years old when he passed..
My father was the best father in the world..I was the oldest and his only daughter..he was Italian so I was daddy’s little girl..he took me on his milk route when I was 8 or 9…then he took me on his bread route later…we went fishing (along wih my two younger brothers)..I remember going out in the garden at 3am to catch nightcrawlers…I was a tomboy so that didn’t gross me out..I admit I didn’t like putting the worm on the hook…lol.. he even took me hunting ONCE…thats all I wanted to go…He once told me he thought I was pretty enough to be Miss America..I knew it wasn’t true..but he believed it..and thats all that mattered to me..He was great for my self esteem and if it weren’t for him I would have none…I miss you daddy and I love you…Happy Fathers Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment