beautiful picture

beautiful picture

Welcome to the stories of my life...

I just want to humbley welcome and thank all of those that take the time to read what I write..Idon't have a particular theme at any given time...just write what I feel compelled to write at the time...Please if you read my blogs ..leave a comment..I would love to know what you think...thanks again and enjoy the journey....

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MOMMOM

Back in 2002 I was talking to my grandmom on the phone 2 weeks before her 90th birthday..still being of sound mind and body she told me she was not ready to leave yet..she wanted to stick around to see what happens…heres this woman who lived to see her oldest grandchild turn 50(ME) and I had my grandmom in my life for that long…evey night since I was a child I prayed for God to not let anything happen to her cause she was ONE of the most special people in my life…well one week before her 90th birthday she fell in the bathroom…we were all summoned to come to the hospital where her eyes looked like racoons and her lower arm was broke..we joked and laughed and she seemed weak but okay…well after we all went home …we got a call later that night that she had suffered a stroke ..it was all downhill from there…one week after her 90th birthday she passed away…that was the second worst day of my life…two of the most important people in my life were now gone…so I HAVE NEVER taken a day for granted…since I was a child…I pray many times a day…I try to leave impressions for those in my life to remember fondly of me when I’m gone…I try to leave them better than when they first came to me…Each day I wake up is prettier than the day before..and this morning I have 2 of my grandchildren that I’ve had overnight for 3 nights now…love waking up seeing them…they will leave today and I will cry…they only live 5 miles from me and I see them all the time..but its never enough…okay enough..sorry to ramble…fingers just kept typing…

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful blog post as usual. It has been almost 2 years since my Mother passed away at 93. I miss her but I think of her as still here by my side protecting me! Cherish each day we have on this earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost both my parents in the past 5 years. I'm so glad you had your grandmother for so long. That truly is a blessing and we truly don't know how long we will have each person in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outlook on life Brenda. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Brenda, how blessed you have been to have people in your life like your Grandmother, who loved you deeply and showed you how to love. AND that you are in turn giving this same gift to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The final stanza in the song NATURE BOY is, "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." I have learned so well my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant YOU have learned so well my dear. Please edit my comment if possible Brenda and then delete this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda...you have been blessed...never take a day for granted. Love your grandchildren as they are special gifts!

    ReplyDelete